Disability Support Worker. Part Time - Mackay
Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
Attractive Remuneration Package with excellent tax benefits
Working across our Mackay Region, Permanent Part Time roles on offer
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers aims to partner with people (including those with disability, in out of home care, the homeless, mental illness or refugees) to change their lives for the better. We value relationships, imagination, courage, responsiveness and we are respectful and caring in all our dealings.
Life Without Barriers works with clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds and life-styles. Our clients have varied and different life experiences, physical abilities and skills. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
At Life Without Barriers we all share the responsibility for child safety.
About the Role
As a Disability Support Worker you will actively support the individual needs of people who access Life Without Barriers' disability service. You will be responsible for supporting and promoting their skills and abilities, providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring their Individual Plan.
Disability Support Workers work as a team to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with service users in a positive and proactive environment.
Skills & Experience
• Experience working with complex and challenging behaviours including restrictive practice clients
• Certificate III in Community Welfare, or similar, or willingness to complete this within first 2 years of employment.
• A current Senior First Aid Certificate.
• A current unrestricted Driver Licence.
• A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities.
• The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan.
• Good communication skills.
• The ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
• Established problem solving and conflict management skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
We want to work with people who are passionate about making a difference; who are open to new ways of thinking; who value genuine, long-lasting relationships; and who are flexible, courageous, and believe in opportunity for all.
We'll give you opportunities to learn and evolve as part of a growing and vital organization. And we'll give you the chance to do work that makes a genuine difference in your community.
• Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
• Attractive Remuneration Package with excellent tax benefits
• Working across our Mackay Region, Permanent Part Time roles on offer
• support our clients who access Life Without Barriers' disability services via the NDIS.
How to Apply
Click on the Apply button below and follow the screen prompts.
For any queries please contact our Senior Recruitment Advisor on email@example.com
Applications close at midnight AEST on Wednesday the 29th of November, 2017
Australian Residency Required
Interested applicants should APPLY ONLINE or contact:
Please Quote Reference: 2636299
Date Posted: 19/11/2017
- Advertiser: Life Without Barriers
- Date Posted: 19/11/2017
- Location: QLD - Sunshine Coast, QLD - South…
- Residency: Required
- Job Type: Part Time
- Sector: Community & Volunteer
- Ref No.: 2636299