Manager Plant Health Technologies
Grains Research and Development Corporation
The Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) was founded in 1990 and is one of the world's leading grains research organisations, which is responsible for planning, investing and overseeing RD&E to deliver improvements in production, sustainability and profitability across the Australian grains industry.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Manager Plant Health Technologies to join our GRDC Team in Barton, reporting to the Senior Manager, Plant Health for an ongoing permanent position. This position is responsible for delivering research and development outcomes to benefit the Australian Grain Industry. The Manager Plant Health Technologies leads GRDC involvement in the development of nationally coordinated plant health technology development for integration into crop protection packages, and is the main point of interaction with private sector chemistry registrants, government regulatory agencies and industry stakeholder interaction on pesticides technologies.
Key responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
* Ensure Outcomes and Outputs of the Portfolio are communicated appropriately to external stakeholders and internally within the GRDC;
* Contribute to the planning and implementation of 'theme' programs;
* Assist to ensure GRDC meets all statutory obligations within a specific portfolio;
* Contribute to the management of the Business Group and/or
* Theme investment and operating budget of the portfolio;
* Strategic organisational leadership on current and emerging research and development opportunities;
* Develop national initiatives within and across sectors.
Selection Criteria for this role includes:
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar position and relevant Degree in Science or Agricultural Science;
* Demonstrated sound knowledge of related agricultural production systems, and previous experience in managing agricultural R&D crop protection;
* Demonstrated ability to manage related functions, including, as an individual contributor, being able to exercise conceptual know-how skills to assist research partners achieve agreed goals and objectives;
* Critical interpersonal skills: ability to influence, motivate, assess externally and ability to mentor and develop other people - internally;
* Proven ability to problem solve within broadly defined principles and objectives;
* Ability to adapt existing conceptual frameworks to face situations, and consider various possible alternatives and consequences prior to making decisions or recommendations.
* Commercial experience in plant health is highly desirable.
Australian Residency Required
Interested applicants should APPLY ONLINE or contact:
Please Quote Reference: GRDC01
Date Posted: 12/03/2015
- Advertiser: Grains Research and Development Corporation
- Date Posted: 12/03/2015
- Location: Canberra
- Residency: Required
- Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Sector: Science & Technology, Government,…
- Ref No.: GRDC01